Posts by nyaomaru

@nyaomaru

Nyaomaru

Funny Frontend Engineer! ? Living in the Netherlands.
Heerlen, the Netherlands nyaomaru-portfolio.vercel.app Joined July 2026
673 Points • 44 Badges • 36 Connections • 36 Followers • 55 Following

Posts by nyaomaru

nyaomaru • • in Articles • 6 min read
Hoi hoi! 👋 I'm @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer just back from a short vacation on Texel, a small island in the Netherlands. 😸🏝️ Today, let's talk about a type guard that looks completely safe. const isUser = value: unknow...
post-cover-28626
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 5 min read
Hoi hoi! 👋 I'm @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer building small TypeScript OSS with shoyu ramen. 😸🍜 Today, let's look at a very small line of JavaScript. values.filterBoolean; You've probably seen it before. It's short. ...
post-cover-27653
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 7 min read
Hoi hoi! I’m @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer who has been obsessed with ramen lately. 😸🍜 Have you used DSA View View already? 👀👀 https://dev.to/nyaomaru/i-built-a-tool-to-visualize-dsa-letearn-together-dsa-view-view--djo ...
post-cover-26874
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 12 min read
Hoi hoi! I’m @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer who is surprised by how cold it is in the Netherlands even though it’s still summer. 😸 Have you used DSA View View already? 👀👀 https://dev.to/nyaomaru/i-built-a-tool-to-visuali...
post-cover-26218
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 9 min read
Hoi hoi! I’m @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer who struggles to make game sounds. 😿 Have you used DSA View View already? 👀👀 https://dev.to/nyaomaru/i-built-a-tool-to-visualize-dsa-lets-learn-together-dsa-view-view--djo1 DS...
post-cover-25625
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 6 min read
Hoi hoi! I’m @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer who dislikes crowded places, so I'm planning to take a quiet vacation in September. 🏝️ Have you used DSA View View already? 👀👀 https://coderlegion.com/22758/i-built-a-tool-to-v...
post-cover-24928
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 7 min read
Hoi hoi! I'm @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer who is trying to lose weight. I maintain a type guard library, is-kit. I spend an unreasonable amount of time asking “But what if this value is actually unknown???” Recently...
post-cover-24505
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 20 min read
Hoi hoi! I'm @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer who thought OpenAPI codegen would make API clients easier, but somehow ended up lost in a forest of generated files. Writing API clients by hand is painful. Usually, we want t...
post-cover-24486
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 1 min read
Hi there 👋 I'm a frontend engineer based in the Netherlands, currently suffering from hay fever 😿 API responses, form inputs, external data… In TypeScript, we often end up dealing with unknown, and handling it properly can become a real pain in da...
post-cover-23975
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 11 min read
Hoi hoi! I'm @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer who was recently knocked off my feet by how good the zeetong sole from a Dutch fish shop was. 🐟😸 In the previous article, I explained how DSA View View takes the TypeScript writ...
post-cover-23738
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 11 min read
Hoi hoi! I'm @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer. Thanks to my daily Duolingo streak, Dutch is finally starting to sound slightly less like one extremely long word. Progress! 🦉 In my previous article, I introduced DSA View Vie...
post-cover-23243
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 7 min read
Hoi hoi! I’m @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer currently fighting the intense European heatwave by building DIY window screens here in the Netherlands. 🛠️ https://medium.com/data-science-collective/should-you-still-learn-to-...
post-cover-22758
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 5 min read
Hi everyone! I’m @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer who quietly moved to the Netherlands. 🇳🇱 If you write TypeScript, you’ve probably bumped into the term “variance” at some point: covariant contravariant invariant bivari...
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 5 min read
Hoi hoi! Still writing TypeScript guards by hand again and again? 😎 I’m @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer! When writing TypeScript, we often end up creating type guard functions value is Foo over and over again. But you kno...
post-cover-22119
nyaomaru • • in Articles • 2 min read
Hoi hoi! I'm @nyaomaruhttps://github.com/nyaomaru, a frontend engineer who was cheering for the World Cup during tropical nights in the Netherlands while nearly melting from heat exhaustion. ⚽ But yesterday was comfortable 😺 How do you usually buil...
post-cover-21951
chevron_left