Posts by James Dayal

@James Dayal

James Dayalverified

Versatile Software Developer | Tech Explorer
Australia coderlegion.com Joined January 2019
15.2k Points • 386 Badges • 443 Connections • 651 Followers • 422 Following

Comments by James Dayal

Sep 21 • Articles • 6 min read
The first tool I decided to arm my Swiss army knife with was a BadUSB emulator. First and foremost, this extremely powerful tool provided you have physical access to the target machine relies on an inherent vulnerability of the USB protocol born in 1...
post-cover-26983
Sep 21 • Articles • 5 min read
After I published my last article about building a Chrome extension that speaks browser notifications aloud, a commenter asked a question I didn't have a good answer to. He pointed out that a lot of web apps — Slack, Gmail, most modern tools — fire ...
post-cover-26467
Sep 21 • Articles • 17 min read
> A note on the architecture > > This article describes lessons from a production agricultural technology platform. Some implementation details, operational parameters, identifiers, and business-specific logic have been generalized or omitted to avoi...
post-cover-26048
Sep 21 • Tutorials • 9 min read
If you work with Expo long enough, you will probably run into expo-doctor. You run: npx expo-doctor and instead of everything being green, you get something like: ✖ Check Expo config ✖ Check dependencies ✖ Check package versions Sometimes the...
post-cover-26393
Sep 21 • Articles • 6 min read
Like a lot of developers in this market, I’ve been taking freelance assessments and Discord job leads more seriously than I normally would. One of those assessments turned into a malware investigation. One day, I saw a post in a Discord server look...
post-cover-20248
Sep 21 • Articles • 14 min read
Heading #Chapter 1 — Quick Start: What Seedance Can Do Seedance is ByteDance Seed team's multi-modal video generation model. Seedance 2.0 and 2.5 are fully integrated into viddo.ai. The capability matrix centers on four pillars: long-form narrative,...
post-cover-26774
Sep 21 • Articles • 2 min read
TypeScript AI Agent Frameworks in 2026: LangChain.js vs Mastra vs Vercel AI SDK While Python dominated the early prototyping wave of AI agents, TypeScript has rapidly become the language of choice for full-stack, enterprise production agents in 202...
post-cover-27481
Sep 21 • Articles • 8 min read
In the context of blockchain, dust is referred to as tiny amounts of any cryptocurrency that is uneconomical to spend. An amount is considered uneconomical to spend when the transaction cost it incurs is greater than its value. An attack is a malic...
post-cover-15072
Posted in Dev Tools group
Sep 21 • Articles • 1 min read
As a designer/developer working across branding, TYPO3 builds, and client campaigns, I kept running into the same small, annoying tasks — checking contrast ratios, generating favicons in five formats, minifying a stylesheet before deploy. So over tim...
post-cover-27226
Sep 21 • Articles • 3 min read
In the collective memory of personal computing, the conversation about Microsoft almost always circles back to a punchline. Someone brings up Windows Vista, someone else mentions Internet Explorer, and inevitably, everyone laughs about Clippy. They...
post-cover-27206
Sep 21 • Articles • 9 min read
How a Single IntelliJ Plugin Cut Our Code Review Rework by 60% — A 6-Month Honest Review !Image descriptionhttps://dev-to-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/articles/czkp7gn62vpkuuqdxjuz.png Developer's IntelliJ IDEA workspace with CodeRef's analysi...
Sep 21 • Articles • 2 min read
How I Brought My Illustrations to Life with PixiJS: Parallax, Particles, and Sound in the Browser I'm a book illustrator by trade. In 2012 I drew a piece called After Picasso — and at some point I realized a static image wasn't the end of the story...
post-cover-25133
Sep 21 • Articles • 11 min read
> The strange thing about AI coding isn't that machines can write software now. > > It's that we're finally discovering how much of software engineering had very little to do with typing code in the first place. In early 2025, “vibe coding” sounde...
Sep 21 • Articles • 9 min read
I didn't set out to reject go get. I just wanted to build something clean. But somewhere between the first snapshot corruption and the fourth complete rewrite, I realized: zero dependencies wasn't a constraint. It was a feature. This is the real sto...
Sep 21 • Articles • 8 min read
A small copy change and a database migration probably shouldn't go through exactly the same release process. Yet in many teams, they do. Both need the same approvals. Both follow the same checklist. Both wait for the same people, regardless of what...
post-cover-26542
Sep 21 • Articles • 11 min read
Here's a conversation I've had more than once. A developer is building a React app. It starts simple, a few components, some local state, everything in useState. Then the app grows. Props start getting passed down two levels, then three, then five. ...
post-cover-21700
Sep 21 • Articles • 4 min read
Concept Definition & Architectural Paradigms What Is a Modular Monolith? A modular monolith is a single deployable unit — one process, one codebase, one container — whose internal structure is divided into explicitly bounded, independently reasoned...
post-cover-20040
Sep 21 • Articles • 19 min read
Block Kit, signature verification, and the design decisions that stop a button click from becoming an incident. !A Slack interface screenshot showing an interactive bot message asking permission to approve remediation for an EBS volume with primary...
Sep 21 • Articles • 4 min read
GitHub published its August availability report this week, and one sentence in it is worth more than the rest of the document: "our shared infrastructure services have not kept up with our month-over-month actions growth and peak load." Five inciden...
chevron_left