Posts by DuchessCodes

@DuchessCodes

The Duchess of Hackers

Marketing & IT Student | Digital Growth Enthusiast | Full-Stack Developer | Ethi...
Greater Accra, Ghana t.co/pSAtiUlOmF Joined October 2025
10.5k Points • 245 Badges • 21 Connections • 267 Followers • 31 Following

Posts by DuchessCodes

DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 2 min read
Last week I told you about Chapters 1-3. This week I moved on to Chapters 4-6. The terminal is not new to me, but going back to the fundamentals on purpose is teaching me things I'd been doing on autopilot 😂 Let me take you through how the week ...
post-cover-28856
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 2 min read
It's been a while since I last posted here life, work, and about a dozen half-finished drafts got in the way. But I'm back, and this time I have something worth sharing. If you know me, you know I'm a cybersecurity person at heart, so Linux was nev...
post-cover-28547
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 2 min read
Hi Cyber Lovers We talked tools last time, but honestly? No tool protects you as much as your own awareness. And phishing is still the #1 way people get hacked, not because attackers are geniuses, but because phishing plays on trust, urgency, and a ...
post-cover-23696
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
Last time we talked about building your roadmap. Today, let's get practical , what tools should you actually start with? When I began, I made the mistake of thinking I needed Kali Linux, ten different scanners, and a whole hacker setup on day one. Y...
post-cover-23098
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 2 min read
When I started learning cybersecurity, I remember sitting in front of my laptop, completely overwhelmed. There was so much to learn .networking, attacks, tools, terms I'd never even heard before. I was like "oh my God, I have so much to learn" feelin...
post-cover-21094
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
So I kept asking myself… why should a login screen be boring? I’ve been working on something called StreakFlow — a habit tracker, streak counter, and reflection journal. I built it because honestly, spreadsheets and random notes just weren’t workin...
post-cover-19696
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
As I continue learning cybersecurity, I’m realizing that awareness is one of the most powerful forms of protection. A lot of cyber attacks succeed not because systems are weak — but because people don’t recognize the warning signs early enough. He...
post-cover-19264
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 2 min read
As I continue my journey as a developer, one thing I’ve come to understand is this: Growth in tech is not a straight line it’s a process of consistency, patience, and learning through challenges. I didn’t start with everything figured out. Like m...
post-cover-18380
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
As I keep learning cybersecurity, one thing has become very clear to me: Security isn’t just about knowledge it’s about daily habits. You don’t need to be an expert to start protecting yourself. Small actions, done consistently, can make a big di...
post-cover-17355
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
As I continue learning cybersecurity, I’ve realized something that changed my perspective completely: Cybersecurity is not just about tools or knowledge it’s about how you think. To truly understand security, you have to learn to think in two ways...
post-cover-16032
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
As I continue my cybersecurity journey, one thing I’ve realized is this: You don’t need to know every tool at the beginning you just need to understand the basics and start practicing with a few. Tools in cybersecurity are not magic. They are simp...
post-cover-14608
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
In my journey so far, I’ve learned that cybersecurity can feel overwhelming if you try to learn everything at once. There’s a lot to know networks, security tools, ethical hacking, cloud security… the list goes on. But the key is simple: start smal...
post-cover-13183
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
As I continue my cybersecurity journey, I’ve realized something important: Most mistakes beginners make aren’t because they’re not smart they’re because they’re unaware. And I’ve made some of these mistakes too. Here are a few common ones I’ve lea...
post-cover-12103
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
In my last posts, I shared my journey into cybersecurity and the key elements that make it work people, technology, and processes. Today, I want to focus on practical habits you can start building today, even if you’re just beginning. Cybersecuri...
post-cover-11919
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 2 min read
In my last post, I shared how I’m getting into cybersecurity and the foundation that changed how I see it the CIA triad: confidentiality, integrity, and availability. As I keep learning, I’m realizing that cybersecurity isn’t just a concept. It’s...
post-cover-11279
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
When I first started learning cybersecurity, I had no clue where to begin. I was just a developer curious about protecting data, systems, and people. It felt overwhelming at first, but I quickly realized something: you don’t have to be perfect to s...
post-cover-9546
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
When most people hear the word coding, they imagine lines of confusing text on a dark screen. But in reality, coding is much more than writing instructions for a computer.. it’s about thinking clearly, solving problems, and building solutions. Lear...
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
A Conversation Every Learner Should Be Having If you’re learning how to code right now, let me ask you one simple question: Who are you learning it for..just yourself, or others too? Because coding isn’t just a personal skill. It’s a transferable...
post-cover-8749
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 1 min read
A Conversation Every Designer Should Be Having If you were building your design website or portfolio today, let me ask you one simple question: What’s the one feature you’d add to make it truly stand out? Not ten features. Not “everything.” J...
post-cover-8434
DuchessCodes • • in Articles • 2 min read
When you type a website into your browser… do you actually know what happens behind the scenes? Most beginners jump into backend development without understanding the “foundation” the internet runs on — the web architecture. Let’s break it do...
post-cover-8213
chevron_left