Posts by sothiss

@sothiss

Alice Severi Gonçalves

Independent data scientist and computational ethologist operating at the interse...
São Paulo docs.thetransparencyproject.me Joined September 2026
1.3k Points • 17 Badges • 5 Connections • 5 Followers • 25 Following

Posts by sothiss

sothiss • • in Articles • 3 min read
In the collective memory of personal computing, the conversation about Microsoft almost always circles back to a punchline. Someone brings up Windows Vista, someone else mentions Internet Explorer, and inevitably, everyone laughs about Clippy. They...
post-cover-27206
sothiss • • in Articles • 8 min read
I’ve been thinking about writing more, but once again I found myself trapped in a loop of self-doubt. It’s difficult to have so many ideas and still feel unable to act on them—or to believe that, in the end, I have no knowledge worth sharing. I get s...
post-cover-27176
sothiss • • in Articles • 10 min read
When you view the academic, professional, and technological worlds through the intersectional lens of a woman born and raised in the Global South, you quickly learn to look at every first-world narrative with absolute skepticism. For decades, the int...
sothiss • • in Articles • 3 min read
The Day the Premium Quotas Melted We’ve all seen the massive marketing headlines celebrating multi-million token context windows. So when I scored access to the Google AI Pro student tier, I figured I was completely set. My journey into the anatom...
post-cover-26629
chevron_left