Posts by rozhnev

@rozhnev

Slava Rozhnev

I'm Slava Rozhnev, the creator and primary developer behind sqltest.online (inte...
Haifa, Israel sqltest.online Joined November 2025
941 Points • 21 Badges • 4 Connections • 3 Followers • 8 Following

Posts by rozhnev

rozhnev • • in Articles • 4 min read
I added DuckDB to my SQL playground, and it turned out to be a sandboxing problem Sharing a small build-in-public update: sqlize.onlinehttps://sqlize.online, a free tool for testing SQL queries, checking JOINs, and sharing reproducible examples, ju...
post-cover-24989
rozhnev • • in Articles • 5 min read
If you've taught SQL or learned it from a course, you've almost certainly met Sakila. The little DVD rental database has been the go-to sample schema for MySQL and MariaDB tutorials for nearly two decades. It's clean, well-normalized, and comes pre-...
rozhnev • • in Articles • 3 min read
Most SQL developers hear the same rule early: always prefer INNER JOIN over correlated subqueries, because subqueries create an N+1 performance problem. That rule is useful, but it is not always true. I tested this on four engines MySQL, Oracle, P...
post-cover-21160
chevron_left