Every Check I Built Passed. Most of Them Were Measuring Nothing.
I am not a developer. I am a systems engineer working in public safety infrastructure and emergency communications, which means foundation and networking are my lane and application d...
If you touched Hugging Face datasets in the back half of 2025, you remember the day your pipeline stopped working.
RuntimeError: Dataset scripts are no longer supported, but found hotpotqa.py
Or this one, which showed up in issue trackers across h...
A copied router configuration creates two response problems. One is the compromised device. The other is every credential, trusted source, and management path described inside the file.
Rebuilding the router addresses the first problem. It does not ...
Tuesday night I had two windows open. One was Microsoft's July patch list, long enough that I stopped scrolling and started estimating. The other was a write-up of coding agents getting talked into running attacker scripts against the developer's own...
I've drawn the diagram a hundred times. Two data centers, a load balancer, N+1, tidy little redundant boxes with tidy little redundant arrows. Ship it, sleep fine.
Every one of those diagrams was quietly lying to me about the same thing -- and last ...
I want to start with an uncomfortable admission about how a lot of us detect macOS malware: we are betting it will be loud. Our behavioral rules watch for curl and zsh spawning under a user session, osascript reaching for security, a process tree tha...
Last month I did the thing you're supposed to do and hate doing: I went through my own homelab hunting for the stuff I'd stood up "just to try" and never came back to. A vector DB here. A workflow builder there. An LLM gateway I'd exposed to the LAN ...
Two months ago I handed Claude Code the keys to a fresh VM and walked away to see what it would break. It broke a few things, and every one of them was mine to break -- my VM, my config, my time. I wrote that up as a story about an agent's limitation...