Posts by Steven Stuart

@Steven Stuart

Steven Stuart

Bringing clarity from complexity
Boca Raton, FL stevenstuartm.com Joined November 2025
3.1k Points • 84 Badges • 21 Connections • 68 Followers • 20 Following

Posts by Steven Stuart

Steven Stuart • • in Articles • 5 min read
It is tempting to treat user authentication sessions as ambient context. You pass them through API layers, into service calls, across event processors, and through background jobs. If a component needs to know who the user is, it needs the user's ses...
post-cover-8087
Steven Stuart • • in Articles • 9 min read
I prefer the clean code that is more often produced by throwing exceptions. With the happy path uncluttered by error handling, the implicit propagation of errors to appropriate orchestration layers, and the clean separation of concerns. It's aestheti...
post-cover-7856
Steven Stuart • • in Articles • 2 min read
I know, I know. It is another post about microservices versus monoliths. The debate feels exhausted at this point. Yet every time I start a new project, I find myself weighing the same questions. Not because the answer is unclear, but because the ans...
post-cover-7589
Steven Stuart • • in Articles • 4 min read
I've worked with engineers who had senior titles but didn't lead anyone. I've also worked with junior engineers who mentored half the team. The difference wasn't in their resume or their technical depth; it was in how they approached their work, thei...
post-cover-7588
chevron_left